NEWS – Sept 19:
1. (GMT+8) 1.30pm: Seputeh MP and Kinrara Adun, Teresa Kok released from ISA detention (at last). Will give a press conference in 2 hours time at DAP headquarters.
“She was released unconditionally.” – Acting Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Ismail Omar
“What have I done to be arrested under the ISA?” – Teresa Kok
“I have not been able to sleep in the last one week, and my high-blood pressure has gone up.” – Teresa’s father
“If you have proof, let the courts decide. There’s no use for this draconian law.” – PAS Youth chief Salahuddin Ayub
2. The Star reported: The High Court here fixed next Friday to hear the habeas corpus application by RPK who is seeking his release from detention under the ISA.
3. Teresa to sue Utusan Malaysia and its columnist Zaini Hassan over articles accusing her which led to her ISA detention. Teresa will also sue the Government and former Selangor MB Khir Toyo. Malaysiakini reported: Utusan dares Kok to take lie detector test.
4. Bukit Gelugor MP and veteran Opposition leader Karpal Singh has filed an RM10mil suit against Utusan on another defamatory article.
5. Further remand for blogger Kickdefella.
6. Guan Eng: Anwar is only a threat to BN.
7. Continued pressure on Anwar to reveal the ‘frogging’ MPs, while Pak Lah needs to get at least 58 of the 193 divisions to nominate him to defend his Umno presidency come October 9.
8. Ong Ka Chuan backs Ong Tee Kiat for No.1 at MCA.
9. KLCI rallied in line with other regional stock markets, up 34 points at closing.