NEWS – Sept 18:
1. Anwar wants Parliament to meet by next Tuesday, Sept 23 in order to pass a vote of no confidence on Pak Lah. Anwar also did not discount the possibility of seeking an audience with the King.
2. Pak Lah: “There is no need to call for an emergency session of Parliament because the next session is soon anyway (after Hari Raya)”. Meanwhile, Anwar’s sodomy trial is set for the next day, Sept 24.
3. Pakatan to meet on next move as emergency call strongly rejected by Pak Lah.
4. Home Minister Syed Hamid says his Ministry is watching over Anwar before taking any action. Pak Lah says there was no suggestion to use the ISA on anyone.
5. Aliran expresses serious concern over ISA detainee, RPK’s deteriorating health.
6. Pak Lah said he officially informed the Umno Supreme Council about the portfolio change with his deputy Najib Tun Razak.
*** *** ***